Nurse Advocate Services
"I always knew I wanted to remain in my home, so I use CHS nurse case management services as a way to prepare for the future. CHS is just what I have been looking for!" — G.M.
There are times when it may be necessary to have a nurse looking in on you or your loved one on a regular basis. A Registered Nurse in a Nurse Advocate role can ensure that you or your loved one is managing well medically. Some functions that the Nurse Advocate can perform are:
- Assessing compliance with taking medications as ordered by a physician
- Prefilling a mediplanner to prevent errors
- Assessment of vital signs and overall health status
- Assessment of overall safety in home
- Communication with physician or other health care managers
- Communication with family members
- Accompanying client to medical appointments and ensuring follow up with physician’s orders
- Conferring with family, physician, and social service agencies on client’s behalf as needed
Families who do not live near their elderly parents or are not able to attend physician appointments find this a very valuable service.
The RN works closely with the client and family to design a specific plan of care based upon the assessed and requested needs. Services are only recommended as needed. We find that this relationship enhances communication and client satisfaction by making CHS a partner in care and family life, not an intrusion. In certain situations it may enable loved ones to stay in their home safely.